Raw Vegan Cinnabuns
This recipe is an adaptation of one of the favorite morning desserts I used to help whip up at Peace Pies Raw Vegan Cafe in San Diego. (Where you can also find Coracao chocolate. Check 'em out here.) With a smooth, but slightly crisp, omega 3 rich dough and gooey mineral leaden cacao cream, its mineral density is only beat by its flavor density. The Vanilla flavor of the Palm Syrup is a welcome replacement for agave in these delicious cinnabuns. Enjoy these ooey gooey delights with a cup of Good Morning Chai or Coffee (recipe below).
Raw Vegan Cinnabuns
3 ½ cup walnuts
1 cup pitted dates or raisins soaked in water for one hour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of pink salt
2 teaspoons Vanilla Palm Syrup
¼ cup cacao powder
2 teaspoon coconut oil melted
cinnamon in a shaker
- For spread mix cacao powder, melted coconut oil, Vanilla Palm Syrup in a small bowl until a butter like paste is formed. If paste is to dry add a teaspoon of water from soaking dates or raisins. Set bowl aside.
- Grind walnuts in food processor until coarse to slightly fine, but not yet butter. Pour into bowl.
- Drain soaking dates or raisins and pulse in food processor until they are pureed.
- Mix walnuts, date/raisin puree, salt and cinnamon in bowl to make dough.
- Generously dust a 12x12 inch piece of parchment paper with cinnamon and press out walnut dough into an approximately 8x6 inch rectangle about ¼ an inch high.
- Spread, smoosh, and/or sprinkle cacao sauce over dough square until evenly coated.
- Gently roll it up and set in freezer to chill for at least one hour.
- Grab your roll and cut it sushi style into ¾ inch rolls.
- Dust with a little more cinnamon and perhaps some coconut flakes.
Good Morning Chai/Coffee
My favorite silky coconut morning beverage.
One cup brewed chai tea (or Coffee)
One teaspoon Vanilla Palm Syrup
One teaspoon Coconut oil
Optional: ¼ Cinnamon, Maca, or Ginger root
Simply pour hot tea in blender with other ingredients, blend on high for 10 seconds and enjoy!