Matthew's Chocolate Chai Latte Recipe
You may have heard of a "Dirty Chai" by now as they have become fairly popular.
If not, a "Dirty Chai" is a Chai Tea Latte with added coffee or espresso.
Coffee and Tea together may sound strange, but it is SO delicious.
Well if you want to be really adventurous, take things one step further with a "Filthy Chai", which adds CHOCOLATE to the mix! This also sounds crazy but it is AMAZING.
Served either hot or iced, this drink really delivers the goods.
- 1 Chai Tea bag
- 1/2 cup boiling Water
- 1/2 cup strong brewed (dark roast) Coffee
- 1/3 cup Almond Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Cora-Quik Cocoa Mix
- Honey or sweetener of choice to taste
- Dash of Cinnamon and or cinnamon stick
- In a small saucepan, brew the Chai Tea in the water for about 5 minutes to create a nice strong Chai.
- Remove tea bag and add the brewed Coffee to pan.
- Stir in the Cora-Quik Cocoa Mix and stir around until dissolved.
- Add the Almond Milk and heat on low until drink is hot enough to your liking (dont bring to a boil though).
- Add around 1/2 Tablespoon of Honey or more/less to your liking.
- Pour into mug and sprinkle a small dash of cinnamon on top.
- You can use a Chai concentrate, which also works great.
- You can use freshly pulled espresso shots instead of coffee.
- For the milk, any kind of milk will do but it is especially delicious with Almond or Oat milk.
- If you have the capacity to steam the milk and create foam, definitely do it that way.
- Finally, our Cora-Quik Cocoa Mix is already sweetened with Coconut Sugar, but a little extra honey or other sweetener of your choice will make it more delicious.
(photo credit: Eva Kosmas Flores)