Coracao Confections

I'm sad to announce that the collective chocolate factory, retail store & cafe project, otherwise known as the Hooper’s project, has come to an unexpected end. As we continued to work on the project we discovered the beautiful 100 yr old building needed much more restoration than we had thought and in the end it didn't make sense for us to invest that much in a rental building.

We put in a lot of time, money and energy into the project and Coracao took a big financial hit. For the first time since we opened our doors nearly five years ago, Coracao faces the possibility of going out of business. We are taking many steps to try and turn things around, though it is a big challenge and Coracao needs your extra love and support right now to continue.

What you get with Coracao is the best quality, healthy, fairly traded, non-gmo, organic, wild-crafted and allergy aware chocolate that tastes even better than addictive junk food chocolate. If you've been waiting for the right time to pick up some Coracao, or have been wanting to get something for a loved one, now is the right time. By voting with your heart and dollar now it will help make the difference. You can get Coracao chocolate on the web-store, at your local Farmer’s Market and a retail location near you.  A big win-win is signing up for the Chocolate of the Month Club. It will save you a lot of money on your favorite chocolate and is an ongoing pledge of support that will help keep Coracao in existence.

As an extra thank you I'm including a free bag of Cora Quick with every online order you place this week (through Sunday 7/21). Cora Quick is Coracao's new instant hot & cold cocoa mix, it's off the chain good and it reminds me of drinking Nesquik when I was a kid. It's brand new and I'd love to hear what you think about it.  Right now it’s only available at the Farmer’s Markets but it will be available on the web-store soon.

Thank you so much for being a part of the Coracao family and for all of your love & support over the last 5 years. It is an honor and a privilege to bring you the absolute best quality chocolate we can and with your support we will continue to serve you for many more years to come.

With love and gratitude,
Daniel

PS. Another way you can support is by spreading the word- Let your people know they can eat tons of delicious chocolate and feel incredible after; share Coracao's facebook page, twitter page and the newsletter. Also if you'd like Coracao carried in your grocery store, please tell your store buyer. Thanks again!

Written by Daniel Korson — July 16, 2013

Comments

Barbara Smith:

So sorry to read your message and struggles. Being self employed can be very taxing and not always financially rewarding. Know that I was self employed for 12 years and I know that it can be a struggle, but when you do what you love you don’t really care right? We will see you on Saturday and will definitely be purchasing more chocolates from you, because we Love It! I will share and start talking more about it. We thought you said you were at the Berkeley Bowl, but we have not been able to find it there. If you sell at the Berkeley Bowl, which one and what isle? But we see you at the Berkeley Farmers Market and would always want to purchase directly from you so that the profits ARE YOURS! Warmly, Barbara Smith

July 17 2013 at 08:07 PM

Otter:

wow, Daniel – this is truly horrible news! So sorry to hear this disappointing news. I’m gonna start sending people chocolate immediately!!! I’m on a cleanse right now, so I guess I will just have to feed other people til I am done. Keep your chin up – I am sure this is just a minor course change and will work out for the best. As my sister always says, “It will be ok in the end. If its not ok, its not the end”. Love and hugs xoxoxox Otter

July 17 2013 at 08:07 PM

Mark Zila:

Contact Sasha at New Moon Natural Foods in Truckee, CA. She is the buyer and I have told her about your products and she seemed interested. Maybe you contacting her will get her to take the step. I would love to have your product available here. Their phone # is: (530)587-7426

July 17 2013 at 09:07 PM

Daniel:

Barbara thanks for the kind words & all your support, I really appreciate it. It’s at Berkeley Bowl on Oregon St. (not West) in the Raw Food shelf. Though we love seeing you at the market.
Otter you rock!
Thank you Mark I will look into it.

July 18 2013 at 11:07 AM

Dira Reeves:

Good things are in store for you…one door closes and another one opens!! Sorry about your project…but great is thy faithfulness!! I can’t wait to place an order…and I want some syrup!! But it is still over 100 degrees in Arizona!! Soon…
Your chocolate is splendidly yummy!!
Thanks for your creations!

July 18 2013 at 03:07 PM

Jenny Donohue:

Corracao is now officially the gift I’m getting for everyone’s birthdays/ parties/ potlucks coming up. Many Blessings to you, Daniel. May your AMAZING chocolate company thrive!!

July 18 2013 at 05:07 PM

Lynda Creighton:

My boyfriend Justin Wong suggests you contact Justin Frank Polgar. He does ayurvedic chocolate. Maybe you could combine resources…We hope everything works out! Your products are amazing!

July 18 2013 at 08:07 PM

sean:

thanks Barb see you at the market. We will have a live almond papa bar ready for your hubby

July 19 2013 at 01:07 PM

Simone:

Oh NO! This is sad news, I’m so sorry. I will definitely spread the word throughout my network, and will put in an order myself. Coracao is by far the best chocolate I’ve had, and the world needs it! Have you looked into Credibles as an option?

July 20 2013 at 09:07 AM

Pam:

Heard about your plight on Zenbelly’s Facebook page. Just signed up for chocolate of the month and will spread the word! Best of luck!

July 20 2013 at 10:07 AM

Staycie:

I’m ordering your product for the first time because I love Nom Nom Paleo and she posted a distress on her facebook about your plight. What is your timeframe for your survival campaign. Also, how much do you need to raise to stay in business. This would help in promoting and getting people invested in help your company stay open. Your product looks great and I know people would be willing to help. Let me know so I can help promote it. I can’t wait to try your chocolates and then promote the hell out of them. Perhaps a kickstarter campaign with a deadline and amount needed would help. Wishing you the best and I will do my small part to pitch in.

July 23 2013 at 02:07 PM

Vanessa:

Hi! So I tried your chocolates for the first time off of therawfoodworld.com rather than ordering through your site as I needed several other things, I hope that still helps you guys out! All I gotta say is, WOW. I bought your kaffir lime chocolate bar and the hazelnut toffee bark and both were amazing! The texture of your chocolate for the bar wasn’t my fav. in terms of raw chocolate bars, but the flavor was by far the best I’ve ever had!!! It also held up perfectly in the hot weather (I did have two cold bricks but usually that doesn’t stop raw chocolate from melting and then taking on some sort of white patchy and grainy look/texture). I agree with Staycie. A deadline, or progress time line would be helpful as it seems you have a local following in addition to a non-local one and there simply are not enough great raw chocolate makers out there! So we gotta keep you guys in business lol.

July 26 2013 at 08:07 PM